No, Really. Say what you will about memes. They helped me to find my way toward Orthodoxy.
- Bees respect icons and do not build wax combs across them:
- Prostrating is a Christian thing:
3. Monks and animals go together like PB&J!
4. They take scripture serious:
5. Orthodox Christians have a great sense of humor:
6. God is good and He loves us. (I already knew this but the Orthodox say it in every service. Perhaps so that we do not forget. Especially when we are going through hard times. )
7. It all began with t he Orthodox Christians after Pentecost; the bible, how services are run, prayer, fasting, etc. It can be exasperating when Protestants ask if we know, Jesus.
8. How deep a faith you wish to have is completely up to and reliant upon what you’re willing to give up in, Jesus name. (I knew this too but it seems to be lacking more and more in modern church sermons.)
9. It’s okay to acknowledge and venerate, Mary:
10. Sometimes, the peculiar things you read about being in heaven show up on the walls of the temple… and that’s ok.
11. There is more to fasting than just food:
12. Orthodox Christians know how to celebrate & worship God with all five sense:
13. Prayer is a big deal… a BIG deal.
And more but that’s all for today…
Lord have mercy.